Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lucy's Door Hanger

This weeks Challenge #41 Sketch over at The Pink Elephant just screamed 'cute & girlie' to me. So I decided to make something all cute and pink and purple. My 'card' soon turned itself into something more. A circular card isn't something I've made before and basically I still haven't!
Rather than just a card, I've made a cutesy door/wall hanger for a friend's daughter's upcoming first birthday. I cut extra circles, added the letters of her name and hung them off the bottom. All the time knowing that the challenge #6 at Kraftin Kimmie's is Lotsa Circles!

Here's the top (using TPE sketch) and gorgeous Magnolia 'Tingla'...

and the finished project.
Sorry about the small photo, my pic program must have shrunk it down when I cropped my reflection in the tiles out!! Tingla has been coloured with chalks, I used my computer & DIY Rub-on method to print the letters then edged them with black pen. Added some rhinestones to the flowers and for Tingla's buttons.
As this is for a girls 1st birthday, I'm also entering this one into Allsorts week 27 - for a child. I'm sure I'll be making more of these!!

12 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Loz

I love your project.

Great colours and a lovely image coloured beautifully too.

Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Mandy said...

how cute is this!!!love the colours and the image is soo sweet.
great job.
Mandy xx

Debs said...

Hi Loz
Beautiful project.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Kirsten said...

Hi Loz

Super hanger your friends daughter will love it...


Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten..x

jude said...

Hiya Loz ,
/this is so cute love it!please pop over my blog as i have a wee something for you my friend.hope your well?
hugs judex

Ann said...

oh this is just tooooooooooooooooooooo cute. I love it. It's something to treasure - just gorgeous.

Ann xxx

Hannah said...

How very very sweet!! I love it!! I am glad you shared it with TPE this week!!

Hannah

Gro said...

This is so sweet. Love it, and your magnolia image.
thanks for joining us at Allsorts

Kylie said...

Oh wow! This is fantastic! I am sure it will be most appreciated! It is so nice to receive a gift that has been made with so much thought and effort. Just beautiful!

Lisa said...

Hi, This is fab! Such a sweet image and gorgeous colours.

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

Lisa x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Loz

this is so sweet loving that cute tilda and hat a great idea to have the letters hanging down too!

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

tina said...

This is precious, Loz!!! SO cute & such a creative use of this week's sketch @ TPE.

Tina
@ The Pink Elephant