Saturday, January 16, 2010

Over 37 degrees celcius... and locked out!...

... lucky for us all when my daughter accidentally managed to lock us out of the house, the 3 kids were with me and there was nothing cooking on the stove!! I was fortunate to catch up with friends just around the corner (as they were driving out the drive!) and use their phone to call my hubs. We have a key outside, but I couldn't find it! He told me where to look, and before we trudged home again, my friend gave me a key to their house in the case that I couldn't get in! God love him!!

Well, I found the key... but the flyscreen door was locked on the front door, and the back door... which left the laundry door. As this door was the culprit for us being locked out.... and not quite locked but not open - I couldn't get the damn key in!!

So back to my friend's house I trudged... fortunately I had the pram for my twins in the garage which can be accessed from the yard!! And it's hot here today, and all this happened around 11am! Hot!

Anyways... I was at their house (they're out for the day), I called hubs again and he sent one of his friends around (oh, my hub was at work)... and using brute force he managed to get the key in the laundry door and using all his weight, pushed it as far shut (it's a sliding door) and turned the key! Yay!!

So my friends are coming for dinner, I've got them some chocolate, and here's the card I whipped up this afternoon.

For the following challenge:
Cute Card Thursday: Pink & Grey
Charisma Cardz: Anything New (the glitter grey was from my MIL for xmas)
Just Magnolia: Thank You
Oh, thank God today's almost over!

10 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Loz,
poor you what a day...hope your over it now..what would we all do with out good friends..they will love this beautiful card...
Mandy xx

Lori said...

God's mercies are NEW every morning, my friend! I pray you have a much better day... What a lovely surprise your friends must have had with the yummy chocolate and this gorgeous card :D
Love and big hugs ~ Lori

Mandy said...

Oh Loz what a day hun, glad you managed to get back in eventually, thank goodness your friends were around.
Gorgeous card hun, your friends will love it.
Thanks for entering my candy
hugs Mandy xx

Milnie said...

what a adventure Loz! happy to read that everything is ok and save! Your card is gorgeous im sure your friend will love it!

hugs

Kylie said...

OMG - one of my biggest fears.. I do not look forward to my kids being able to reach the locks! You poor bugger. But funny on reflection? Maybe not. I'm sure your friends will love the beautiful card you made for them. I love the sparkly grey card and Tilda looks lovely. Beautiful shading on her clothing by the way!

Sally said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Tasha said...

Ah such a pretty card im sure your friends will love it! I am always locking myslef out but its always my fault - mills cant play with the locks lol
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Kylie said...

Hey!

Congrats at winning candy over at Mandy's! Lucky ducky.

Ciao!
Kylie

Lisa said...

Hi Loz, Gorgeous card! Such a sweet Tilda image. Thanks for your lovely comments and for entering my blog candy. Just to let you know my Coco the bear images have been coloured with Promarkers.

Lisa x

Tanja said...

Oh so beautiful! I love it!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers this week!

Have a great day, Hugs Tanja