Saturday, April 3, 2010

All Pink Birthday!

Today's card is for my little sister, who's not so little anymore! Most of you will know we're driving 8 hours to Adelaide this coming Tuesday, to stay with my sister and her family (partner and 14mo nephew, Lucas)... well, Tuesday also happens to be her 27th Birthday! Now, we no longer do gifts between the siblings, but I still make cards, and this is hers.
Here's the front, featuring Tilda carrying Wooden Spoon, and a Bizzy Bec's ticket stub,
And an open view of the 'Joy Fold' card, (you can find the tutorial I followed at Kylie's Blog, thanks Kylie!). Inside I've used Magnolia Love Muffin, Decorative Arch (plate), the Fork & Knife, and I've printed out the sentiments myself using my DIY Method. (Search my Blog to find tutorial). I had to add a half circle of Velcro to help keep the card closed. This was great to make.
This picture is on a slight angle, sorry.
Challenges entered:
Papertake Weekly - Open Challenge (2nd Entry)
Just Magnolia week 49 - Special Monthly Challenge - Fold It
Stamp Something - Pink Somethings Challenge
Magnolia Down Under - Stitching Real or fake (2nd Entry)

Image: All Magnolia Images (individual names listed above)
Sentiment: DIY Rub-ons (search my blog for tutorial), Bizzy Bec's ticket (link above)
Coluring Medium: Pebbles Chalks (Sprayed with Hairspray to set!)
Papers: DP's - Basic Grey Bittersweet Pad, Card from Stash
Embellishments: Ribbon from stash, Kasiercraft Gems, Silk Flowers from Discount store

13 comments:

Kylie said...

This is gorgeous Loz! I love the combo of the different stamps. Just beautiful!

stephanne said...

I think this turned out beautifully, your sister will love it to bits!! All of your wonderful stamps used together in perfect harmony, love the soft pink colours too!! Glad to see you joining in (again) at MDUC this week!! Have a wonderful Easter Weekend!!
Stephanne

Karen said...

Hi Loz,
Your card is super, I really like the little ribbon flowers! Did you make them yourself? I reckon your sister is going to love your card that you made just for her!!
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Christine said...

Hi Loz many thanks for your suggestions re cicvil cermony card..am gonna look into them..This B/card is a stunner love this Tilda ..love lots of them..fab BG paper, bitter sweet is my all time fav..am sure sis will love it too.

Hugs Christine xx

Mandy said...

Love, love, love this one Loz, stunning card, love the soft pinks and the gorgeous images
hugs Mandy xx

Dena said...

Loz!!!! Oooooh I love it!!! Love the little tilt on this card! Very pretty pinks too! GREAT job!!!
Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia this week!
Hugs, Dena

Sharon said...

A really beautiful card Loz. I love the papers and the design is so clever.

autumn0725 said...

Loving this Loz, Great Job! Gonna have to take a look at that tutorial. Also, as per your request I have figured out how to turn off work verification. I've been meaning to look into that...thanks for reminding me. Have a great week!
~Autumn

Alicia said...

This is an adorbale card! What date is your sister's b'day? I have just made a card for my sister's b'day - hers is the 6th of April...and she is turning 28!
I love the front opening part.
Beautiful job!
Alicia xx

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

This is adorable! I love the image and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Love your card. Awesome fold and fabulous image and details. Thanks for playing along at stamp something and just magnolia.

My Little Space said...

Gorgeous card.

Thank you for joining us at PTW.

Mandy

Bev said...

Oh this is just beautiful! The papers are so pretty and compliment the sweet image beautifully. Thanks for joining JM this week x