Monday, May 24, 2010

Snow White's Poisonous Apple

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE NUTCRAFTERS WEDDING BLOG HOP POST OR CLICK HERE.

Poisonous Apple anyone? I am super happy with how this card turned out! Besides the fact that Tilda with Apple is beyond gorgeous (thanks Kylie for the image - my stamp just arrived from Bizzy Bec's this morning!), I actually cut this baby free-handed!




I also made the ribbon flowers myself, just a simple running stitch pulled tight with bead/s in the centres, (all the leaves are a dark green - not quite black lilke they appear!) I added another cute butterfly charm, you may see a heap of these as I bought in bulk! Both the sentiments are DIY Rub-ons, as I don't have this kit, I had to print my own sentiment, I think my 'Once Upon a Time' looks way better! ha ha! I know this isn't exactly coloured like Snow White, but I love these earthy papers and wanted to match them, and I love this lace!! Cheryl sent it to me in a recent candy win, along with a brown and a pink the same, I am in love with them!! And will certainly by buying more! Thanks again Cheryl

I'm going to defiantly be back with another card for you all... my 2 Lil Lolita's from Tickled Pink stamps have just arrived in the mail too! Woo Hoo!! I think I'm going to ink up sweet Willow 1st?

Have a fab morning/day/evening... I know some of you are having some high hot temperatures, we're hoping for rain today, which will mean it won't be quite as cold as it has been!!
Be sure to check out the Nutcrafters Blog Hop below this post, you have the chance to win the new wedding set (I know Cathy and Tammy have not got their posts up yet - hopefully they'll be up soon!) ♥


Challenges I'm entering are,
Magnolia Down Under - #47 Shaped Card
Die Cut Dreams - #48 Lace It Up
A Spoon Full of Sugar - 104 Cute & Girly
Papertake Weekly - Say It with Flowers
Allsorts Challenge wk 53 Tag/Label
Create4Fun - wk 21 Vintage
Paper Sundaes - #19 Fav Book/poem/fairytale
Charisma Cardz - #20 3D (popped out embellies, easel card etc)
Cupcake Crafts - Blooming Charming (2nd entry)

Image: Magnolia Tilda with Apple
Sentiment: DIY Rub-ons
Colouring Medium: Pebbles Chalks
Papers: Crafty Secrets Earthy Pad, cre8tive card,
Tools: Spellbinder Nestabilities Labels 8, distressor
Embellishments: ribbon flowers, pins & beads, lace (thanks Cheryl!)

22 comments:

Karen said...

GOSH THIS IS SO FABULOUS LOZ!!! and you did it from scratch!! wow so cool. I love the Snow white colours and love how you matched it with a Apple shaped card!! So clever:-) and I love your papers yummy.... Thanx for much for joining in this weeks shaped card challenge at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxx

autumn0725 said...

Great job on the Apple Loz, that's Awesome!!! I love your choice of papers. Great job on the coloring and those flowers are awesome!!! I gotta learn to make my own rub-on's, I love yours!

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE your poison apple card - it certainly looks pretty darn sweet to me! And that lace is divine - have just discovered lace myself - LOVE it!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous Loz,love the shape of the card and all the stunning details!!! Just beautiful!!
xx

Jill said...

wow Loz this is stunning I love the image and papers you've used thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Mummylade said...

this is a lovely card. Thank you so much for entering the tag/ticket challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck.

scrappyjan said...

OH WOW this is stunning!!!!!
Love the shape with the Snow White Tilda!! VERY CREATIVE!!!
Thank you for joining us at MDUC this week!
hugs, Janiel

Faye said...

Wow, your card is AMAZING! Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fabulous shaped card and I love the Tim Holtz sentiment ticket it matches the overall feel of the card perfectly.......

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Crystal said...

Fabulous idea on the apple shaped easel card, it looks wonderful. Thanks for playing along with Paper Sundaes "Written Inspiration" Challenge this week :)

Alicia said...

Just love the apple card! I love the papers you have used. Haven't seen this Tilda before...there are SO many of them!
Alicia xx

Carla aka scrappypug said...

absolutely gorgeous...love the flowers too. Just beautiful! thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Leanne said...

WOW This is gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma - good luck!

Leanne xx

Trudy said...

Your card is just so cute, love the sweet image.
Hugs Trudy

Jodie from Oz said...

Loz, wow wow wow, you are so creative, I love Easel cards but an apple easel card, amazing!!!! Snow White Tilda is adorable and I love the colours and your handmade flowers are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Jane said...

Gorgeous card!! Brilliant idea to make an apple card with this Tilda! thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under! hugs, Jane xx

April Rose said...

I love how your apple shape matches Tilda's apple! Beautifully done! The papers and details are gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Magnolia Down Under!
Hugs,
April

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, very cool, love how you made the card the shape of an apple! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Paper Sundaes!

stephanne said...

This is just as sweet as can be, what a wonderful shape, good choice on the earthy tones, just brings that apple to life even more!! Beautiful work this week and thank you for sharing with us at MDUC!!
Stephanne

Kylie said...

Hi Loz! Sorry, its taken me this long to pop over for a look - but I am glad I did! Your apple card is gorgeous. You have done a wqonderful job. Thanks for playing at MDUC this week!
Hugs
Kyliek

Kr├╝mel said...

What a great easel card! Love the apple shape and the vintage look you´ve given your creation.

Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

BananaStamper said...

This is such a fun and unique card! So glad you were able to join us at PS!