Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Character Boxes

Good afternoon, this is my THIRD post for today!! If you'd like to check out my gift-card-holder-tags from this morning HERE & HERE please do so. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Now for those who may have already visited me today, I said my DD 4½yo and I were going to make some Christmas projects, here's the first two. I stumbled across these gorgeous boxes and from there saw the tutorial link to here for the step-by-step instructions. (Check them out - they're gorgeous!!)
We didn't follow the instructions much... just interpreted the photos - I don't have many die cuts so lots of this was done by hand... and little hands too ;-)
We made the Santa first - all the eye bits are cut by hand, I really just used the photos for a guide on how it should look...


Here's Rudolf - I free handed the antlers & ears, used a smaller die to mark out his mouth. The boxes are 9cm x 5cm, I'll have to add some sort of handle - haven't worked out what yet though!

Am entering the two boxes into Die Cut Dreams Saturday Challenge - Anything Goes (this is my 3rd entry... sorry gals - the Chrissie mojo has arrived!!). And the Rudolf box also qualifies for Ooh La La's - Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer challenge.

Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Labels Eight, Big Scalloped Circles SM (2 sizes), CB Divine Swirls & Swiss Dots embossing folders, Scalloped Scissors,
Embellishments: Red Glitter, White pen, red chalk, Colourbox various inks

10 comments:

Becca Fabozzi said...

TOO CUTE! Very creative. I absolutely LOVE these. Thanks so much for joining us at DCD Christmas Club

Wendi said...

Wow they are absolutely fabulous
I love Rudolph but I love the way you have done Santa's beard and hair very creative
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Karen said...

These are cute, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
xx

Merry said...

These are so amazing...love the use of the embossing on Santa....

Amy said...

These are so cute, you and your daughter have done a terrific job making them!

Cheryl said...

WOW these are brilliant Loz and how clever are you to do some of it freehand!!! I am too lazy I wouldn't have bothered...lol...
xx

Cheryl said...

Hi Loz,I have now put a link on my blog,so you can claim your free digi's.Sorry I forgot to do that!!!
xx

Mandy said...

Hi Loz,
These are so cute I love them...How clever are you cutting free hand...
Mandy xx

Alicia said...

These are so cool!! You are soo creative...love them!
Alicia xx

Autumn said...

These are Fabulous Loz. great job! Can't believe you did that cutting by hand, it'd look terrible if I did that! Got back from vay-cay at 4am and I'm going on about an hour of sleep, but I wanted to stop by and say hi. Hope all is going well for you. Have a good one!
xxAutumn