Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dexter's out playing with the Jungle Bugs

I said I was going to have a play with my Scrapbooking Allsorts Blog Candy, and here's what I started with. The Kaisercraft JungleBug pad and Die Cut extras. I've also used one of the Motivet stamps I recently won - Dexter with Soccer Ball, and another I won ages ago - Dexter on Bike. So these are made with mostly freebies! Can't beat that ;)
I've 'followed' Papertake Weekly's sketch - sort of!
Here's the first card... I loved the little bugs for you to cut out as embellies in the pad - great pad for little boys' cards.

I much prefer the 2nd card... that's when the mojo started flowing and everything just fell into place. I haven't been using too many sketches lately, so I think by the 2nd card I was figuring it out - even though I rotated the sketch, replaced the image with the sentiment, used a little 'charm' where the text should be and Dexter as an embellishment! Oh well.... at least the 1st card fits the sketch!

Image: Motivet - Dexter on Bike & Dexter with Soccer Ball
Sentiment: Grant & Kaisercraft DieCut
Medium: Pebbles Chalks
Papers: DCWV Cards, Kaisercraft JungleBug Pad
Embellishments: natural cotton, string from a child's drink

9 comments:

Jackie Thomas said...

I love them both Loz. Such cute images and the dp is perfect for them. Hugs jackie

xGemmax said...

Love both of them too....they are fantastic with gorgeous images, yummy papers and fabbie layout :o)
hugs and xxx

Beate said...

Those are adorable cards.
Hugs and smiles

Cheryl said...

Oh these are adorable,beautifully coloured and love the papers!!!
xx

Amy said...

These are both awesome boy cards, the images and papers are so perfect! Fabulous cards Loz! :)

Alicia said...

These are sooo cute!! Love them both.
Alicia xx

Annika said...

I can't believe you achieve such fab results with chalks!! And the designs are absolutely flawless - love these papers. Yum.
Hugs
Annika

Crafteezee said...

Both are fab, just love them but I can't get any more stamps, so stop tempting me, lol. Hugs Tracy x

Angie said...

Hi loz what a fab card love the papers thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie