Tuesday, November 2, 2010

First Ever Shaker Cards!!

Oh, was so excited when I got to the post office this morning to see my pre-ordered Tilda's waiting for me! Really got the mojo back into gear! This is of course the new Christmas stamp - Tilda Hanging Ornaments, and I've used her on my first ever Shaker Cards.
She was a dream to colour and I love this sheet of Kaisercraft Paper (nearly cried when I cut it!).
This is literally the only stuff I could find to put in the 'shaker card'... multi coloured loose glitter that had been in the cupboard for years. I've inked all the edges with White ink
Here's my matching pair.... and below the warning I put on the back of the cards! Don't want any irate parents calling to complain that their child ate the glitter!! hehe
I'm entering: Cute Card Thursday - So Transparent, Charisma Cardz Challenges - Match Master, Just Magnolia - Dawny's Sketch, Magnolia-licious Highlightes - Nov Shaker Card

Image: Magnolia
Sentiment: Daisy & Dandelion Christmas Set
Medium: Pebbles Chalks
Papers: Kraft, Kaisercraft, Acetate, Cre8tive Cardstock
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Labels One, Thick 2-way tape
Embellishments: 1cm Ribbon, misc glitter, snowflake charm, flatbacked pearls

10 comments:

Sammi said...

ooh.. these look pretty! Gorgeous work! I hate cutting into 12 x 12 sheets! LOL!
Sammi
xx

Autumn said...

So cute Loz! Can't believe you got your stamps already! I'm still waiting over here! I did get the first few that I ordered. Figured I'd give the others til the end of this week, if they're not here by then I'll send the one's I got off to you. This stamp is adorable..I got the one where Tilda is sitting on the ornament...it's so hard to tell if you'll like them with those big watermarks are in the way! Anyway, fab job with this, love that snowflake charm and the glitter looks awesome!
Have a great day!
xxAutumn

Jackie Thomas said...

These are gorgeous Loz. I agree, the dp is beautiful as is your colouring. I haven't made made a shaker card yet, you've inspired me to give one a go. Hugs Jackie

Gemma said...

a beautiful matching set Loz. Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

Julia Moss said...

Love love love Tilda and you did an amazing job bringing her to life. Love your project and thanks for joining us at Charisma.

Julie said...

Great shaker card! Great job with the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Annie said...

a great shaker card with cutie tilda! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT.
hugs, annie x

Alicia said...

Very cute shaker cards! Love the warning ha ha!
Alicia xx

Jacilynn said...

love it! I've never done a shaker even though they look like so much fun. Great card.

Janiel/ janny said...

Oh sweetie you have done a FAB JOB!!! Beautiful!!
Thank for joining us at Magnolia Highlites.
hugs, Janiel