Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Paper Christmas Wreath

Good morning. Boy what a great morning I am having - did you see my last post about the LOTV Calender stamps?... which I won! Woo Hoo!! I am so thrilled - I was going to get them for my birthday in Jan.. can now get some different ones!!


Anyways, what a rambler I can be hehe. I made this Paper Christmas Wreath using the tutorial found here. You can see the obvious difference in hers and mine.. I used cheap, thin wrapping paper, I think something a little heavier would have worked out much better. Mine may also be a bit larger?
I kept it simple with 2 different papers, and like in the tutorial I used far more darker paper than the mostly white.
I am very happy with it despite the 'floppier' leaves. And yes... there's a lot fo leaves! I think in the tutorial she says she used 64? red leaves and 16 white. I didn't count mine, but I'm pretty sure I have more of both, perhaps from the lighter paper?

I added some Christmas ribbon and a couple of jingle bells to the top, and some gold stickles to the white leaves. This is an inside decoration and I think it will adorn our downstairs toilet door. Oh, cannot wait to decorate next week!!
Thanks for stopping by, I'm entering this into Die Cute Dreams - Anything but a Card Challenge. ♥

16 comments:

Debs said...

Gorgeous creations with beautiful papers, thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week
Debs
xxx

Mandy said...

Hi Loz,
Wow this is gorgeous.... I love the papers and I think it looks perfect...Congrats on your win...Spill the beans, when in Jan is your birthday,Katy's birthday is Jan as well,can't believe she will be 15...
Mandy xx

Narelle Harrison said...

what patience you have babe,and even me being a florist would have the patience for it,lol,
good job chick
hugz
rellz.x.x. : o )

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow great creation, it must have taken ages, thanks so much for joining us at DCD, hugs Liz xx

Mandy said...

Oooo hun this is stunning, love it. Congrats on your fab win
hugs Mandy xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so pretty, just love all that gold. Congrats on your win, spotted that an Jacqui's blog. Marianne x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

- - Sheryl - - said...

wow - this is wonderful - hop on over to my blog for an award

Mummylade said...

I think it is absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much for entering this project in the DCD challenge this week, good luck!

distresseddesserts said...

OMG you are creative. What a challenge. Love this creation.
Hugs
/Maria

Pops x said...

wow sweetie this is gorgeous you must have a lot of patience, hugs Pops x

Alicia said...

Wow! How nice is this! I havent seen the original pic yet...so yours looks perfect to me! I might have to have a go...Could be a good craft activity for this 5/6 class I like to try things out on.
Alicia xx

Mina said...

wow Loz this is stunning, I must have a go at one of these thanks for the tutorial link Im off to have a look now
Mina xxx

Amy said...

This is a gorgeous wreath Loz, I love the gold and white!

Mary J said...

Hello Loz! Thx for visiting my blog and your sweet comment!

I am lovin' your projects and this one is just brilliant!! I really should be more adventurous and make something other than cards, lol!!!

Autumn said...

Beautiful Loz! Love your paper choice!