Monday, December 6, 2010

Honey Teacher Thankyou Cards

What a bad blogger I have been, it's so humid down here at the moment, and we're just so busy! I managed to make a few thank you cards for DD's pre-school teachers as next year she's off to primary school. I totally cased Kellie Winnell's card... thanks for the gorgeous inspiration Kellie! xx
The DP on this one is one I made using clip art apples repeatedly. I found an apple shaped template on google and kept the fold at the top. These are actually the last two cards I made, and a lot similar to Kellie's card. I crocheted the flowers myself ages ago and used both CC Designs & Magnolia Butterfly stamps.
These next two cards are a little simpler and for the relief teachers, the gorgeous papers are from a digi kit I found at a bargain price from Sassy Designs Inc. Big Apple Digital Pack. They're priced at just $3.99 BUT I fluked it and they were $0.80 per kit the day I stumbled across them!!
As you can see I paper-pieced both their dresses, and yes - the main DP is sideways. I'd already cut an apple shape, then decided I didn't like it before finding the template I ended up using. So, it was too small to fit properly the right-way-up, but I don't think it's all that noticeable right?
I love paper-pleating with tissue paper. So, so simple and really effective. I'd best go upstairs and check on my boys, their ceiling fan was clunking dangerously a little while ago when I stuck my head in and now that I can hear they're up I'd better go investigate... we'll be needing that fan - it's so HOT!
Image: CC Designs - Honey Teacher
Sentiment: Grant
Medium: Pebbles Chalks
Papers: Own DP, Sassy Designs Big Apple Digi Pack, Cre8tive Cardstock, Kraft, red tissue paper
Tools: Cuttlebug, Magnolia Tilda's lace Doohickey,
Embellishments: own crochet flowers, misc ribbons & Flourish with a bling pearls.

5 comments:

Abby's Paperie Garden said...

Hi friend, thank you so much for your lovely comment about on my blog, it means so much. BTW, your card is adorable!

Have a great week!

Abby:)

Sammi said...

Awww, these are GORGEOUS Loz.. the teachers are going to LOVE them!!
Sammi
xx

debby4000 said...

Oh these are so cute.
luv
debby

xGemmax said...

Awwww these are sooo adorable hunni :o)
hugs and xxx

Alicia said...

These are so precious and cute! I am sure they will be treasured. You are so kind.
Alicia xx