Sunday, December 12, 2010

So Heavenly Tilda

Please scroll down 2 posts to the Blue Butterfly Stamps Day 3 Preview Post... there's candy up for grabs

Here's another square Christmas card, featuring a Magnolia stamp and yes.. more random gems - this time they represent snow...

I'm so happy with this card, though the sentiment was supposed to run along the top, until I smudged some silver ink and had to use the white strip and ribbon to cover it! I think it turned out better this way!
I heat embossed the sentiment with clear embossing powder.. I use my hair straightener to do this lol! This photo really catches all the sparkle - it's not this blinding IRL!

I had to add the CB snowflakes over the gorgeous ones already on Jak's DP cause I thought I'd add some glimmer glaze to them... well, apparently my print card doesn't like the glimmer glaze, and it sort of bled into it without adding any sparkle! Such a shame too, cause the snowflakes already there were stunning. Does it look like she's trying to catch the snowflakes? That was what I was hoping to achieve! Hope you all have a lovely Sunday - scroll down to the Day 3 Victorian Sweetheart Preview... leave comments on all 6 posts and your name with Mr Linky on Dec 15ht, and you'll get a chance to win your very own Charlotte stamp in rubber. ♥

I'm entering:

Allsorts Challenge - Last Minute Christmas (#2)
Just Magnolia - A Christmas Card (#3)
ABC Challenge - J is for Jewels/Gems (#3)
Papertake Weekly - Red & Green must NOT be seen (#2)
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Christmas Card (#4)
Simon Says Stamp - Christmas but NO red & green (#2)
Image: Magnolia - So Heavenly Tilda
Sentiment: Heidi Grace
Medium: Pebbles Chalks
Papers: Free from Jak Heath
Tools: Cuttlebug, CB Snoflake #2 die
Embellishments: misc gems, christmas ribbon (wide one), silver ribbon from Spotlight, Glimmer Glaze (on wings) Crystal Stickles (on dress)

10 comments:

Alicia said...

This one is very pretty...I love that stamp! And yes, it does look like she is catching the snowflakes.
Alicia xx

xGemmax said...

Its absolutely gorgeous hunni :o)
hugs and xxx

Cheryl said...

Oh she is gorgeous,so classy all in siver!!!
xx

Narelle Harrison said...

good afternoon chicky babe,
i must say this is gorgeous, i totally love it,and the colour combo isnt one id be brave enough to try, but you have done it beautifully..x.x.x.x.x.
bug hugz
rellzx.x.x. : o )

Debs said...

Gorgoeus card - love the colour scheme.
Thanks for playing along with my Last Minute Christmas challenge at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Christine said...

Such a stunning color scheme. I love silver during the holidays and this card really puts me in the festive mood. Love the falling snowflake embellishments. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Frea said...

Hi LOz, I'm scrolling down for the Victorian sweethearts but I just had to comment on this one too!! Soooo cute!! I will become your follower, you make the cutest cards you really do!!! Greetz, Frea

Autumn said...

This is so pretty, I love it! A great color choice Loz, she looks fab!
xxAutumn

Debi said...

So sorry that I didn't get time to comment earlier but you card is lovely and I am so glad that you took the time to play along with the Papertake Weekly challenge

Dena said...

haha! You used your hair straightener to heat emboss? When I first started stamping YEARS ago, my friend and I used an iron!!! Too funny!
Your card is beautiful and very sparkly! Love the wording down the side!
Thanks for joining the Just Magnolia challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena