Thursday, January 27, 2011

Because... it was about time

Only the second time I've used a stamp from the Magnolia Winter kit.. disgusting isn't it? I sure do like the images in the last kit though, so I'm sure eventually they'll get some inking... but for now, we'll just have to settle on this one.


I received a gorgeous birthday card from Mandy today... a complete surprise and so gorgeous IRL. Check the card on her blog out here, thanks so much Chickie! How lucky am I? Love, love it!! And, it was just so gorgeous that I had to take some of the gorgeous inspiration and put it to good use....



okay, so obviously the colours weren't my inspiration for this one, but the gorgeous distressing, the glitter and the stunning butterfly all made their way onto my card.
I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Ooh La La - 3 of a Kind (I have 3 WOC roses & used the MS Border Punch 3 times)
Magnolia-Licious Challenge - Gorgeous Photo Inspiration (I went with the colours and vintage look)
Papertake Weekly - Sketch #52

Hope you're all enjoying the day - mine's almost over so that means I'm almost 30!! Will see you all tomorrow cause there's a hop I wanna hop to!! ♥

Image: Magnolia - Tilda with Tiny Gift?
Sentiment: Tickled Pink Stamps
Medium: Pebbles Chalks
Papers: Basic Grey Manilla Pack, misc tan card,
Tools: Circle template, MS Eyelet Lace Border Punch, Cuttlebug - Marianne Designs Butterfly die,
Embellishments: WOC Roses, Tiny Rose Buds, pearls & Lace from Bizzy Becs, misc satin ribbon, gold glitter (actually a fabric glitter!!)

33 comments:

theCook said...

Beautiful card, love it with those colors!

cebelica said...

Gorgeous card!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful sweet card Loz and love all the sparkle.
luv
Debby

ScrapDees said...

great card, i really love the glitter on it!

love desiree

Frea said...

Such a sweet card Loz, love those vintage looking colours!! Hugs, Frea

Julie said...

I really like the gold glitter detials on this card - lovely!

Autumn said...

This is fabulous Loz! Love the layout and the glitter is perfect! Looks like your getting into using those flowers...knew it would happen eventually, lol
Havea great day!
xxAutumn

Linda said...

what a gorgeous card
hugs linda

Pops x said...

Gorgeous creation sweetie, fab image in a gorgeous colour scheme, big hugs love Pops x x x

Wendi said...

Oh wow what an absolutely gorgeous card love the colour combo and the gold edges set it off perfectly
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Shelly said...

Beautiful card with a soft vintage feel. Gorgeous colors! Your link in Mr. Linky at the Magnolia-Licious challenge to your blog didn't work. I just wanted to let you know =)

Mandy said...

Hi Loz,
Just popping over to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY,hope you have a fab day,and get lots of lovely pressies...Great card also,love it..
Mandy x

Candy said...

Oh how sweet! This image of Tilda is just darling :o)
You have used perfect colours for our challenge. Love the gold glitter and pretty flowers.
Lovely layout and wonderful colouring.
Thank you for joining in our Magnolia-licous Challenge Blog.
Hugs, Candy

ScrapDees said...

congrats with yr birthday!

love desiree

Віра said...

Така гарна :)

Віра said...

Така гарна :)

Віра said...

Така гарна :)

Jill said...

gorgeous card Loz love the soft colours thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Loz! I love your card...she is soo cute. Hope you had a gorgeous day!
Alicia xx

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthdy to you,
Happy 30th Bithday dear Loz,
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuu

Thank god you leave me comments so I could find you! I had total brain freeze and couldn't for the life of me remember what your blog was called, and typically as soon as I got here I remembered, Only another 11 years chick and you'll be as senile as me, now there's something to look forward to lol.

I hope you've had a wonderful day hun and been thoroughly spoilt
love n hugs Mandy xxx

Mandy said...

Ha Ha Ha OMG it's worse than I thought, I forgot to say your card is absolutely gorgeous Loz, I love these new cuties
xxxx

Anne said...

Sooooo sweet. Thanks for linking with us at OLL this time. Hugs x

teresa dawn cards said...

very sweet card well done teresa xx

LindaSS said...

Ohhh my, this card is so sweet.. love the coloring on it and the butterfly is the sweetes ever

Hev said...

Love the subtle neutral colours
Luv Hev xx

SNOOPY said...

You have a wonderful blog and your artwork is amazing! I have a question for you. You said that you color everything with Pebbles Chalks. Do you have to spray them or seal them in anyway so they don't smear? I really love the soft look, but I always thought chalks were difficult to control. How do you do it?

Hugs,
Snoopy :D
snoopyshomemadefun.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Happy Happy Birthday Loz!!! I hope that it was filled with lovely craft goodies :)
I think that it's so close to February that you need to continue your birthday celebrating all month long lol!Lots and lots of love ♥
Lori
(still using the ♥!!!)

Tracey Brossart said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! This is stunning and love all the distressing! :D

ƸӜƷ...x♥Tracey♥x...ƸӜƷ

Larisa said...

Very nice colouring! Love the colours a lot))

Marion said...

Gorgeous card and lovely colourway.
Marion

Craftyanny said...

cute as a button Loz
Anne x

cabio's craft corner said...

Love the vintage look and the color scheme you did for the photo. Thank you so much for joining us over at Magnolia-licious Challenge and can't wait to see your creation for the next challenges :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

LindaC said...

What a sweet card. Love the flowers on the edge of the circle. Your colors are great for the challenge. Thanks for playing along with Magnolia-licious Challenge. LindaC