Sunday, March 13, 2011

Can Mother's Day Exist without Flowers?

of course not!! Mothers Day just wouldn't be Mothers Day without flowers! Now, you're all probably wondering why on earth I've started MD cards... well, we have a local market next weekend, and then the following month in April we won't be able to make it to the market, so I figure if I can make enough MD cards, I can advertise our April absence and the need for them to grab their cards now!
First I have to make enough! So here's the first one


We've just finished off DD's (2nd) 5th Birthday Party, this one was much quieter than Friday afternoons, I think the kids were all too tired from school etc and were just a little crazy on Friday!
Here's the Barbie Couch Cake I whipped up for Friday....


she only had a store bought ice cream cake today - which was actually perfect cause it's super
warm here today.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts - Anything Goes/ Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes/ Papertake Weekly: Lemon Zingy/ ABC Challenge: P is for Pearls/ Totally Gorjuss: Pearls & Lace
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend

LOZ xx

Image: LOTV
Sentiment: Computer
Medium: Pebbles Chalks
Papers: Pink Paislee - Queen Bee pack
Tools: CB, Mag DooHickey Tilda's Lace,
Embellishments: marker coloured white pearls, WOC flowers, brad & leaves Bizzy Becs, misc laces

15 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/02/march-kit-preview-day.html

xGemmax said...

Absolutely beautiful and love the colours :o)
hugs and xxx

Marie-Anne said...

What a sweet card.

Marie-Anne

Bea said...

Your card is gorgeous, and the cake looks yummi :o)

Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge this week

Bea

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi Brilliant idea for a cake !!. I was thinking of starting to make some too never to early ! and no flowers are a must lol. I am loving the spring yellows in the papers and this image is coloured so well. Kitty :)

Angie said...

fab card Loz love the image perfect for a mothers day card. Good look at the market hope you sell them all. Thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

- - Sheryl - - said...

I love your card! the yellow is so refreshing as we are entering spring here and the snow is finally... just about gone!

Mandy said...

Loz your card is absolutely gorgeous, I love the sweet LOTV you've used and the lovely Spring colours.
Fab cake too hun, don't envy you with all the party's, I remember them well lol.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx
P.S. I will email you the instructions you want hun, I'll do it now before I forget! xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Mother's Day here is 3 April so doesn't seem strange to me to be seeing this beautiful card. Love this sweet imae and i'm with you about the flowers. Great birthday cake. Marianne x

Jodie from Oz said...

Loz, Your card is beautiful, the image is so sweet and I love the colours and your colouring is wonderful. I love he Barbie cake, how cool, I'm sure it must have been a bit hit. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Mina said...

gorgeous Mothers Day card Loz, beautiful colour combo, love the papers...now thats one brilliant cake for a little girl, I bet she loved it
Mina xxx

Alicia said...

Your getting in early with the Mother's Day cards - good on you! Love the cake!!
Alicia xx

Jackie Thomas said...

Wow Loz, your talents are endless. hugs xo

Autumn said...

I have been away and missing out! Great card and this cake is fantastic, bet ur DD loved it!!
xxAutumn

Vicki's Blog said...

Cool cake my daughter would love me to be able to do that for her..lol
Cheers Vicki