Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bizzy Bec's April Challenge

Hi guys, I'm back with another
MAKE YOUR OWN DP (Design Paper) Card
which is this month's challenge over at Bizzy Becs Store Blog. If you missed my previous post - scroll down to see my stamped background using Magnolia Tilda with Armful of Tulips, I also used the regular sized stamp for my main image... and oh... the yummy colours still make my mouth water!

Onto today's example.... I've used 3 images from Blue Butterfly Stamps "Boyz will be Boyz" range - Cody Covered, and 2 images from the accessory pack to make my digi paper. I recoloured the images on my computer, then placed them in simple lines, repeating down the page as I went. Making your own DP like this (or with stamps etc) is so good 'cause you get to make exactly what you need, in the colours you need!!


My regular visitors will see that I've kept this incredibly simple once again... please send me your crafty mojo vibes telepathically so I can perhaps make something with a little more pizazz!!

Can't wait to see what you all come up with - am looking forward to seeing many new and exciting ways to make my own DP! Perhaps DH can stop whinging about all my paper stacks!!
Images: Blue Butterfly Stamps - Cody Covered & Accessory Pack
Sentiment: Grant
Medium: Pebbles Chalks
Papers: DIY Digi using digi stamps avaliable HERE
Embellishments: misc choc buttons

11 comments:

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

Hi Loz, I love your background and your card, I always seem to have problems with boys cards, but yours is gorgeous. Hugs Cheryl

Merry said...

Great card....and terrific idea of doing a digital background paper. Love the boy image.

Jackie Thomas said...

this is fantastic Loz. You're so clever to come up with this. Looks amazing. Hugs Jackie

Cheryl said...

This is FANTASTIC,I love the background paper you created!!!
xx

Pops x said...

Oh fabulous card sweetie, love the image and the papers, big hugs Pops x

Autumn said...

I think this is fantastic Loz!! Any little boy who gets this is gonna love it!! Great job making your own paper and I love your color choices!!
Hope you're having a good one!
xxAutumn

Mandy said...

Hi Loz,
This is fabulous I love your paper such a great idea...Great boys card...
Mandy x

Mina said...

wow Loz how perfect is your homade paper for this image...fabulous
Mina xxx

Chrissy said...

I love your background papers...they are fabulous...great image too. I have this one just hav'nt had time to work with him..and I ran out of ink..so cant print..lol..roll on pay day...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Marilyn said...

So cute Loz! That is very clever to use the accessories in your background paper... very clever indeed!