Sunday, April 24, 2011

Magnolia Down Under Sketch Challenge

Happy Easter Sunday peeps! I hope you're all having a lovely day and not over indulging on the chocolate :)
After making this little sweetie this morning, DH and I took the kids to the local foreshore market - wowsers - have not seen so many tourists for years! So good for the local economy.. anyways, we walked to the railway bridge to watch the historic train go past, then got some takeaway Chinese for lunch.. and now I'm feeling very overindulged on fried rice lol! The kids and I will be taking in all the sights and *smells* of the local rodeo while DH goes to work. Should be a great night.. will have to pack warm cause the nights are super cold here now.
Enough about me.. oh, hang on! I did manage to make it to the Races yesterday, all-be-it for only 2 hours, but was so nice to get frocked up and have some drinks with the girls :)

What a fun sketch Kylie had made for this weeks challenge.. I altered the central circle for a square, but besides that I managed to follow it quite well. How gorgeous is this Tilda? I love these latest release - and yes, say that about each new release!! I should have taken an angled photo cause each layer is popped up. Can you see the shimmer from the Jewel Tones chalks?
Entering the following challenges:
Cupcake Crafts - Lots of Layers; Magnolia Down Under #93 Sketch; All That Scraps - Marvelous Magnolia May Moments;

Enjoy the rest of your Easter weekend.. we've got ANZAC marching in the morning.. will be so proud to see her up there! xx

Images: Magnolia - Hello Little Butterfly & Floral Background
Sentiment: Stampin Up!
Medium: Pebbles Chalks (Jewel Tones & Brights), distressed ink -old paper,
Papers: Memorybox Gossemer Pack
Tools: Mag DooHickeys - Tilda's Lace & Tag, misc butterfly punch
Embellishments: Stickles, Kaisercraft Rhinestones & misc pearls, pink thread from mini tassel,  
 

18 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Loz

Loving all the layers in the background and such a sweet scene.

Hugs Ali x

EELS said...

Beautiful card Loz,
Happy Easter to you and family.
Cheers,
Elaine

Marie-Anne said...

What a beauty.

Marie-Anne

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Donna said...

Such a sweet card and definitely lots of layers! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Amy said...

Oh, this Tilda is such a little sweetie and I love her in the soft pink! Gorgeous spring image and card!

Poppit said...

Very sweet! Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge. Happy Easter.

Poppit said...

Very sweet! Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge. Happy Easter.

Alicia said...

This is gorgeous Loz! Sounds like you have had a busy and fun weekend.
Alicia xx

Narelle Harrison said...

hi loz tis rellz
thought id get of my butt and pop over,lol,
and i must say this is just toooo cute,
gorgeous babe
big hugz
rellz..x.x.x.x.x. : o )

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous card & I really like how it looks so soft with your colours.

Jackie Thomas said...

Loz this is absolutely gorgeous. Tilda looks amazing. I love your dp and the little butterflies. Hugs xo Jackie

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi sweetie, Love the card!! BEAUTIUFL!!!! Thanks for joining in at MDUC this week..

I am really just popping in to THANK YOU for entering my blog candy.
hugs, Janiel

Kylie said...

HI Loz, I'm sorry I'm just getting here to visit you now. Your day sounds wonderful. I am hungry for fried rice now - YUM! Your card is adorable. I love your take on the sketch - I'll have to give it a go with the square, I think I like it better :) Gorgeous choice of images and embellies. I love it!
Hugs
Kylie xx

Stampin'Piper said...

Such a lovely card ... I really love the colors, all looks fabulous!

Thanks so much for joining our Magnolia Down Under Sketch Challenge this week!

Hugs Tanja

Jane said...

Wow! this is so gorgeous Loz!! I love this tilda and she looks gorgeous against that background! beautiful details! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane x

Autumn said...

I so completely love this Loz, fantastic job all around!! Sorry it's taken me so long to come by, been a bit crazy lately with DD sick, but she is better now tho so back to life :)
xxAutumn

Pam Sparks said...

adorable scene Aussie Loz! love this Tilda! She always makes me smile! So glad you linked up to the ATS Magnolia Challenge! Thanks for playing!