Sunday, June 5, 2011

Magnolia Book Box for Becs June 'LACE' Challenge

G'day bloggers, that time of the month again... the new challenge over on the Bizzy Bec's Store Blog is

All About Lace

We would like to see your creations using lace in any way you like! I personally don't have much actual lace in my stash.. so as you can see, I used a strip of crochet lace, some 'Paper Lace Doilies' and Magnolia 'Lace' DooHickey dies. I cannot wait to see all your Lace-y Creations!!


This is the front of my Book Box.. aren't these just adorable little keepsake or gift boxes?? I just love how simple they are to make.. you'll be seeing lots more of these from me! I followed a very simple tutorial HERE. I plan on making some slightly larger than this as at 10x12cm approx.. I find this one a little small for all my gorgeous embellies to fit on the front!!!

This is a side shot of the 'pages'....

And the inside. First time I've cracked the Magnolia 'Dream Tag' die.. love the 2 pieces... really versatile. And of course you'll have seen the 'Swirl Butterfly' on the front which I chalked to match - ♥ it!!
And for my regular followers... this is indeed the other half of my *SET* using this card.

I hope to see a heap of my lovely followers joining in the month.. as always Bec will have a prize up for grabs (will edit this when I know what the prize is!). xx

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
Magnolia-licious - Photo Insp. (Purple, Cream & Green) - 2nd Entry
ATS Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes - 2 Entry

 
Image: Magnolia 'Floral Background' & 'Hello Little Butterfly'
Sentiment: Stampin Up (on book spine)
Medium: Pebbles Chalks, Brown Ink
 Papers: DCWN Linen Closet Pad
 Tools: Cuttlebug, Magnolia DooHickey Dies - Tilda's Lace & Dream Tag & Swirl Butterfly
 Embellishments: Stickles Frosted Lace, Satin Ribbon, misc Crochet Lace, Paper Doilies,
(If I have any product listed and linked to Bizzy Bec's store which is currently out of stock.. contact Bec from the link in the right sidebar on the Store site to see if she can get it in for you.)

13 comments:

Debra said...

A fabulous inspirational card for the challenge Loz. Everything works so well together. Xxxx

EELS said...

Love the book box Loz, actually I downloaded a tutorial yesterday from a blog called Cuttin' Up and plan to have a go with one of these.

Jackie Thomas said...

this is just beautiful Loz. Gorgeous image which is coloured to perfection. They're fun to make arent they.
Hugs xo

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous book±

Marie-Anne

Sue said...

What a beautiful creation love all the detail, and the colours are stunning.
Hugs
Sue xo

Amy said...

What a great project and it's beautiful! I love how it coordinates with the card...perfect little gift box!

ARTES ANDRÉA PRADO said...

That our wonderful work! Amei!
kisses

Gea said...

that's stunning!

Pat said...

Ooooh...I love this card box! Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to make one! Absolutely delightful...I love this little Tilda...sooo cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia licious Challenge Blog. Hugs. Pat Frank

Norma said...

Ooohhh, I love your book box. It’s on my to-do list!!! Nice pairing with your card. And equally beautiful. Thanks for link to the tutorial.
Hugs,
Norma

cabio's craft corner said...

Aren't this book card fun? Cute and elegant project from the photo inspiration. Thank you for joining the Magnolia-licious. Hope to see you again for the next ones :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Marilyn said...

Holy smokes Loz... this is amazing! I've never made a book box but I know they are tons of work and you've done a beautiful job!

Alicia said...

I absolutely love this!! Would love to have a go at this tutorial. Thank you for the inspiration!
Alicia xx