Friday, July 1, 2011

Emerald Faeries - Ebony

I have slowly been falling in love with these gorgeous faeries thanks to fellow blogger and ex-DT buddy Debra... be sure to check them out for yourself. I had a bit of a squiz at what stamp artist Linda Catchlove has... OMG! I want all her prints! They're just gorgeous!

So anyways.. I got myself some digis - I want them all now - and decided to play along in the Emeral Faeries Challenge #4 Sugar & Spice and All Things Girly.
I've used some gorgeous butterfly DP (which I tried not to cover up too much), a couple of Cheery Lynn Designs Swirly Leaf Die, some hand-cut grass and a computer generated sentiment....

isn't she the sweetest? This is Ebony and I think she's a little darling :)
Oh, I added a smaller butterfly to the mushroom, and liquid pearled the spotty bits, added some stickles to her wings. I coloured her with my chalks but did need to use some pencils for her hair and the wing-tips, my cotton-tips for my chalks are just not fine enough...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I know my posts are very scattered lately - all due to my scattered mojo :) And of course being a mother to 3 young kids, winter weather, netball injuries (yes.. my fingers are once again jarred!)... but it means so much to hear your lovely thoughts.... I'm off to play netball tomorrow but I have another Emeral Faerie card nearly ready to share - just can't get enough :)
Loz ♥

Oh, almost forgot - am also entering this weeks Charisma Cardz Challenge - Ice Cream Colours... Mine is Choc/Honeycomb with a generous drizzling of Strawberry Topping! Yummo!!

14 comments:

Juls said...

so beautiful and magical! HUgs Juls

Debra said...

These little sprites are so gorgeous and you have made them look even mores with your fabulous creation Loz. I love how you have the little butterfly on the mushroom and the colour combo is really pretty. I miss being able to create and share DT work but I will always pop on over and leave some love. ps...hope those fingers feel better soon, xxxx

Laila said...

This card is amazing :O) Love the little fairy so much. And the colours are so lovely too..
Hugs Laila

check out my new candy on http://blog.lolapigen.dk

Frea said...

Hi Loz, I must say I loke them too!! Love this beautiful card you made, great colours!! Hugs ,Frea

Алара said...

Какая красота!!!Сочетание цветов мое любимое. А маленькая эльфочка просто очарование

Chrissy said...

Enchanting...magical, gorgeous card. Love your colouring, adorable image, I feel a shoppimg urge hit me..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Merry said...

Love the little scene you have created with this terrific fairy.

Tracey Manderson said...

Oh this is lovely. Thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden.
Hugs
Tracey

AnItA mArIe said...

beautiful card...
Thanks for joining in on the
Emerald Faerie Garden challenge
good luck Hugz Anita..xx

Deb Mitchell said...

Hi Loz,

Wow!!! GF- your card is just gorgeous! It is so full of detail & I love your design. I am so thankful for the lovely plug for the Faeries you did as well- every little bit helps to get them out there. isn't Linda wonderful- I am so happy I found her. Thnk you for joining in for the Challnge this fn at the Emerald faeries Garden

Hugz, Deb/ Owner

vicmbee said...

Gorgeous card love all the butterflies.. Ebony looks pretty in pink.. Thanks for joining in the Emerald Faerie Challenge.. Vicki xxx

Julie said...

Really lovely card - the fairy images are very very cute! x

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh what a gorgeous card - love your colouring.
Thanx for joining us in The Emerald Faerie Garden.
xXx

Autumn said...

Another beauty Loz! Love those leafy swirly things and your Dp is gorgeous!!
xxAutumn