Monday, November 7, 2011

Magnolia Christening Card

Good morning bloggers. I'm back with yet another card to share with you all.
And just a warning that this post is photo heavy - it's been a while since I made anything so froufrou and frilly, and I wanted to capture it all as proof :)

I was asked to make a Christening card for a girl, I always struggle with these as we're not a bit religious and I have no idea what to put on them! Apparently she likes is, so I must have done okay.
The first photo shows the card with the flash on, just to capture all the added sparkle.

 Love how the pale pink tulle has it's own little sparkle - thanks Autumn!
Here it is without the sparkle.
I'm entering the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Buttons (2nd Entry)
All That Scraps - Anything Goes
Just Magnolia - Anything with added Pearls & Lace
Simply Magnolia - Buttons & Lace

You're probably all wondering where my 'Lace' is? Well, it's paper lace! I just couldn't incorporate any of my laces onto the card so used MS Eyelet Lace BP instead.. and technically it's a paper lace doily! Here's some photos of the bits close up...

 I ♥ Sleeping Baby Tingla! A top 5 Magnolia stamp for me!!
The hearts are a Cuttlebug die, and that gorgeous paper is Memorybox Gossamer pack. The pink at the back is a sheet that has gorgeous sparkly clouds on it - but I covered over them all :)
And the flowers are WOC. Oh, the little pearl stamens came from Autumn too!! Such a sweetheart she is x.
So it's been a while since I added flowers, and I still prefer to use the much smaller sized ones - guess that means I'll have to order some more!!

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm going to put together some bits and pieces and make a Mini Christmas Candy... so check back later (or in few days!!)
Loz xx

oh, I've just seen that I can enter this into Paper Sundaes RECTANGLES challenge too!!

12 comments:

angelwhispers said...

A beautiful card just adore this baby image and just loving all your pretty detail! Chanelle xxx

Mandy said...

Oooooh, awwww, Loz you've gone all girlie and it's beautiful hun, everything is so pretty and perfect, love it.
Re the papers - 2 years Loz, that's terrible !!!!!!!!!!! I'm shrieking that can you hear me down there woman, take the scissors to them, there's no point having pretty papers and not getting the benefit of their beauty. You have no idea how long I had to keep telling myself that when poised with Pion paper & paper trimmer lol
hugs Mandy xx

Debra James said...

awwwww this is sooo soft and pretty, love the colours, just gorgeous.x

EELS said...

Beautiful card Loz I'm not surprised the recipient loves it.
I especially love all the detail and the colours are superb. Reminds me I should use my heart die at some point too.
Cheers,
eels

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card Loz, love the cute baby Tilda.
luv
Debby

Sharon said...

Thanks for joining our challenge at Simply Magnolia. Your card is pretty and sweet. Love the glitter. blessings, Sharon

sara said...

so pretty beautiful card love all the sparkle thanks so much for joining us at simply magnolia and just magnolia this week
hugs sara x

Juls said...

Hi Loz

Yet again I find myself playing catchup!! I have enjoyed checking out the creations I have missed on your blog.

this is such a gorgeous card! so soft and pretty

hugs Juls

debby4000 said...

Just popping back to say thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Camilla said...

Hi Loz! What a supercute babycard! Just perfect for a little princess:)
Thank you for joining MDUC this week.
Hugs, Camilla

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for joining in our fun over at Paper Sundaes this week.
Such a sweet sweet card!

Alicia said...

Absolutely stunning! I am in LOVE with this card!! xx