Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Paul Texting

hey guys, I haven't been around much as I have been hanging out for some more craft goodies I ordered to come and it would seem the slow Christmas post has already started! I finally got my Quickutz Snowflake dies, the large one is bigger than I thought so now my brain's on overload thinking of how to use it!
I made this quick simple card today for our nephew's 13th birthday. I'm not sure this image is quite right for a 13yo.. perhaps a bit older? But... anyways, it'll do! I used Mo's Video Boy for him last year and thought I'd better vary it a bit :)

The papers are DCWV Linen Closet, the image 'Paul Texting' by Mo Manning. I cut the '13' with Quickutz Santa's Workshop dies, the sentiment is Kaisercraft and the inked stars are from Tucked Pink Stamps 'Boys' sentiment set. The darker card is actually a chocolate brown, but it's come out really dark in the photo.
I've followed this weeks Sketch Saturdays challenge. Thanks for stopping by my blog today... have you entered my mini candy? Click the link in the sidebar to enter before Saturday (Aus time)
Loz ♥

8 comments:

EELS said...

Hi Loz,
I think the card is super for a 13 year old...well, that's what they do huh? text? But what would I know, we only have two daughters and when they were 13 mobile phones weren't around (think that was a good thing) lol.

Susie Little said...

Fabulous card, great image with perfect colouring! Thank you for playing at Sketch Saturday!xx

Beate said...

I think your card looks great, Loz! It's perfect for a 13 year old. I love your soft coloring.
Hugs and smiles

Tracey Brossart said...

Great boys card! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

xGemmax said...

Such a fantastic card sweetie & just perfect for any teen boy!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Larisa said...

What a super cute card! LOVE your sweet image and your sentiment!

Jacilynn said...

great guy card! Love this.
hope you are well.
x

Alicia said...

You really nailed this card Loz. If he isnt texting yet, no doubt he will be soon! xx