Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Australian First Christmas

Edwin's looking a little glum on this card... I think it is the FIRST TIME EVER that I wish he had a little smile on his face :)
I assure you he's having fun... just sick and tired of waiting for that big Murray Cod to latch on! You can tell he's fishing in the river... note the murky coloured water at his feet :)

I got my Koala Cuddles stamp from ShopBron in the post yesterday... but instead decided to try and use stuff I already had to make an Australian Themed Christmas card for the Maggie Lovers Challenge. Now my papers aren't very Aussie - but there's no snowflakes, mistletoe or Saint Nicholas to speak of. Instead there's prancing deers (we do have these in Aus), spotted grass (?) and green and brown trees, there's plenty of them down the bush at the moment... if only these resembled Gums a bit more ;p
And it must be a nice warm day for Edwin to be dangling his toes.. just waiting for the yabbies to come for a nibble! Love Summer!!

This is of course for the latest family addition.. my little nephew who will be 2 months old Christmas Day, his father and big brother readily enjoy fishing and I'm sure he'll be going out to join them in no time.
I cut the letters with my new Quickutz Santa's Workshop dies - if you were bidding on them on eBay and lost in the last 3 seconds - SORRY! :)

Also entering Papertake Weekly's Anything Goes Challenge
Thanks for dropping by
Loz ♥

10 comments:

Jacilynn said...

i think this is adorable! great untraditional image for a Christmas card.
love it

Cheryl said...

Hi Loz , love your card Edwin does look a little glum, but that's fishing for you , a lot a waiting and wondering hehehe.
Hugs Cheryl

EELS said...

Hi Loz love the card as usual and I see you also have the flying santa.

Lia said...

What is this a brilliant creation, so beautiful!

Hugs Lia

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Loz.
luv
Debby

Juls said...

really sweet! Loving the colours! Hugs Juls

Ribbon Girl said...

Good job Edwin is not in the North East of England - his toes would freeze off! Nice card! Thanks for joining in with this weeks Papertake Weekly challenge. Mary G x

Tracey Manderson said...

great chrissy card!! thanks for joining us at The Maggie Lovers
Hugs
Tracey

Bronlyn said...

Hi Loz,

I like your Aussie Xmas ...yes sitting by the river...relaxing over Xmas ...got my vote Bron "shopbron"

Ash said...

This is very cute loz, thanks for joining us in the Maggie lovers challenge koala hugz