Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saying Goodbye to 2011

Hi guys, I hope your Christmas has been a very happy and safe time, I'm glad it's all done with and we can all just settle back into normal daytime activities - with the added bonus of new toys to play with :)
This year has just flown past - like all the rest - but I still can't quite believe it's nearly all over.
I have no plans for this evening... 30 weeks pregnant (with high BP), 3 little kids and a husband that has to work all weekend.. it's not really all that appealing to party or to take the kids out... Some of you may recall that last year our local tourism was non-existent due to the Murray River being in flood, well, they're making up for it this year!! So many people!! Plus - did I mention it's going to be 35-40°C (95-104°F ?), too hot!!

Anyways, I have FOUR cards that I have made over the last week or so, but haven't had time to post them. I'll start with the two Christmas cards, I was going to say 'final' but I am still in love with all my new papers so I think I might keep making some for next year!



I threw them together for the 'just in case' occasion, turns out I didn't need them so I already now have a few stashed for next year, bonus.
Next I have a card I made for one of my daughters BFs. Her birthday is late January but I really need to get on top of the up-coming birthdays etc and get the cards made before this baby makes sitting at my desk impossible!

I had a little trouble colouring her skin, not sure why. But I am loving the papers, the lace and the charm. The lace and gorgeous gem/pearls were in my cnady prize from Lori - love them!!
Next up is poor gloomy looking Edwin, he sure doesn't look to be having much luck. This was for my nephew who turns 3 today - Happy Birthday!

Okay, that's it for me. I keep looking at my desk but nothing is luring me over there at the moment, perhaps after lunch..?
Loz ♥

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Loz, these are all gorgeous, you have been busy.
I hope you have a very happy new year!
Hugs Cheryl

Cor* said...

Wishing all the best Loz.... including a low BP, healthy babe, and sanity amidst it all! Wonderful cards! Edwin's my fave! Happy New Year!

Juls said...

these are all just gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls

Merry said...

What terrific creations....wonderful images and papers. Well I wish you a terrific New Year...it will no doubt be exciting and full with baby number four on the way.

Alicia said...

Happy new Year Loz! I was asleep in a recliner at a friend's place at midnight! I am with you...happy to have all the celebrations over and ready to relax into the Christmas holls now! Great cards.
xx

Julie said...

You've made some beautiful cards - the Tilda swimming is especially lovely!



x

Julie said...

You've made some lovely cards - I really like the Tilda swimming one though!! x