Saturday, May 12, 2012

A 'berry' Happy Mothers Day to You All

Good morning bloggers. I recently blogged that I had hoped the crafting bug would hit me soon, and just in time with Mothers Day here in Australia tomorrow (Sunday)! Now, I cannot take much credit for the design of these cards, I absolutely fell in love with a card by Amy Young.. see her original card here... it was just the inspiration I needed. I plan to purchase a few newies from CC Designs. I will be selling a heap of my stamps shortly, so keep your eyes peeled for any older Magnolia's that you may be 'needing' :) I'll probably put them up here for you all so see and then on eBay...

So armed with the image of Amy's stunning card firmly stuck in my head... some downloaded PaperCraft Inspirations Digi Papers, and after much searching through my stamps here are the two cards I came up with.

 
The sentiment is computer generated, (and I know cherries aren't berries - but they rhyme, so close enough I say hehe). This is the gorgeous Motivet Shy Hilda stamp, coloured with chalks. If I manage to sell enough stamps I will be welcoming some Copics to my home - am so excited! I'm entering this card into Scrapbook Boutiques Photo Inspiration Challenge (Aussies Only)


The second card features the gorgeous CC Designs Sweater Birgitta. I absolutely love these papers, (the green down the bottom is from a Cosmo Cricket pad) but all the rest is digi. I added some red pearls to look like more 'berries' and some ribbon. I'm entering this card into All That Scrap's Anything Goes Challenge, Cute Card Thursday's Food or Drink Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I will be back again shortly, I need a 40th birthday card for my sister, a card for a friend and on for the darling other half too! Going to have to make a new list and work my way down it again... hope you're all doing well ♥ 



9 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lvely to see you back cardmaking, sounds like just in time. Two gorgeous cards. Hop ver to enter my candy when you have time.

Frea said...

Aww these are totally cute! Love that little hippo! Mothersday here (Netherlands) is on Sunday too! I really hope we will have some nice weather so we can sit outside. I have some candy on my blog so if you would like to join in that would be great. Have a wonderful weekend, hugs Frea

Sue W said...

Too cute Loz! Glad your found your mojo in time to join in the challenge at Scrapbook Boutique.......

SHARY said...

Two great cards. Love the strawberries. Thanks for joining us at CCT.x

elainec said...

So cute. love the stamps you have used. & the colour combination.x

Merry said...

These cards are so lovely. What terrific papers and cutest images.

lostinpaper said...

Both cards are so much fun! Great choice of DP's and gorgeous images!

Angela said...

Such fabulous colouring on both your cards! love them! Thank you so much for joining in at Scrapbook Boutique's Bright and Bold Challenge this month!! xx

Narelle said...

These are both gorgeous- but I think the top one is my favourite!
Thanks for taking the Bright and Bold challenge at Scrapbook Boutique!