Sunday, July 15, 2012

Kiki La Rue & Puppy

Morning guys, you may need some sunglasses on before scrolling down to look at my card ;) it's been days since we've seen any real sunlight down here, just drab grey sky's which open up on us occasionally. I guess it is winter time...

I've sort of cased myself here, having made a similar card a while ago (will endeavour to find it and link it up for you all to see EDIT:  Previous card can be found HERE.. and it looks NOTHING like this one! I'm saddened to admit that it's actually a lot better too hehe!) but I needed some sunny colour and I just love teaming this Kiki with the cute paw-print paper from my stash.
I've had to scan my card as I could not get a good photo of it (photo tent is def going on this year's Christmas List)... and for some reason there appears to be smudges of my black ink... but not IRL. It's much cleaner in the flesh :)

yes.. I scanned it crooked :P


I used my computer and a sheet of acetate to make the sentiment and paw prints along the bottom.. again I will try and get around to doing a tut if anyone is interested. It's a great way to make your own sentiments and even to add some extra elements like flourishes, scrolls, grungy corners etc.
I'm entering this weeks All That Scraps Challenge - Anything Goes. They're having a DT call too if you're interested... I AM... but not sure I have the time yet. Miley is just over 4 months old and she's becoming unsettled, I think she's ready to try some baby cereal but I want to hold her off another week or so as we are going on a holiday with our friends and neighbours next week and I don't want to be fussing about with all that!

Anyway, enjoy your wkd


btw - have just been sucked into the Etsy world of digital papers.. am waiting on some to be emailed to me... look out new printer you're in for a workout!

5 comments:

Debra James said...

Loz i do love your bright sunny card- makes one feel warm all over and forget about the cold gloomy days. Great idea on the sentiment, so yeah would love to see what you did. :)

Elizabeth said...

This is supercute, Loz! Love the paw-prints and your sentiment- looks great! Have a wonderful holiday! Hugs, Elizabeth

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so cute and sunny. It's Summer here and looking to be one of the worst on record. So much rain.

Cheryl said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS,love the little paw prints.Well not sure if I have congratulated you on the birth of your little girl.But,I am so happy for you all......Congratulations!!!! So sorry I haven't been around,but I do not get much of a chance to craft or blog these days.Enjoy your week.
xx

Shelby said...

This will definitely brightened up anyone's day! Very sweet card and adore how you've done the paw prints!!!

Shelby