Thursday, October 11, 2012

Jasper on My First Play with Washi :)

YES - don't all faint :) This is my 3rd post for today. I told you in the first post (or was it the 2nd?) that the weather is woeful here and perfect for crafting, especially as it's too wet for DH on the excavators so he's home to watch the kidlets yay!

I saw a couple of challenge blogs that I really wanted to join in for the first time... so I made this little card just for them :)



There's no DP in sight... just my new We R Memory Keepers Washi tapes - I'm really liking these :) I embossed the white card with a cuttlebug Distressed Stripes folder to stick with the wood grain look. Added Jasper (Magnolia) and some SewEasy Fancy Floss in Cream Soda (bakers twine) and Hey Presto!!
Copics: E21, E33, E35 & some pink cheeks RV02

I'm entering A Blog Named Hero's Challenge #13 White Out (No coloured card or DP)
Touch Twin Markers Challenge - Fall Project in Monochrome
and Papertake Weeklys - All Creatures Great and Small

I stumbled across the Touch Twin Markers blog when I was trying to find out more info on them. If any of you use them, please let me know what you think of them...

7 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is absolutely stunning!! Huggles Pops x x x

Vicky said...

Awesome card love what you have done here its really effective sweetie.
Thank you so so much for your lovely comments on my blog sweetie mmwah.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Rica said...

This is adorable Loz, a fantastic design, brilliant with the washi and I love Jasper he is beautiful!!!
hugs
Heather xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable, sweet card.
luv
Debby

Teresa said...

Oh what an adorable card, I've been waiting to see Jasper on a card before I buy him now I think I must he looks fabulous on your card. Great colour choice too.
Teresa x

Craftdee said...

Loving that tape! The embossing was a great idea too :-) We have a (Mini) Excavator business too, as does our eldest son, coincidentally :-) We're in Melbourne for a long long weekend - and it's COLD!!!!! It was 30 in Perth when we left and 11 when we arrived in Melbourne! We're here 'til Tuesday, hopefully we'll get some warmer weather before then, we're taking "the kids" (28 year old son came over with us, 31 year old son and pregnant-with-twins daughter in law are coming tomorrow) to the Dandenongs for a day trip, a bit of sunshine would be nice :-) We're taking them on the dinner tram on Monday night, we've been before and really enjoyed it, but they've never been. The tram company have been great, preparing "suitable" food for my DIL. Anyway, rabbiting on, just thought I'd agree.... woeful weather! Donna xx

Cris said...

What an adorable card! Love the way you used the washi tape and the embossed background is just perfect! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!