Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Paul Texting with Touch Twin Markers

Hello, hello bloggers :)
I did manage to have a bit of a play with my new ShinHan Touch Twin Markers... I've been researching for WEEKS trying to find something out about these pens, tutorials or guides, anything! There's not a lot out there at all! I know Suzanne Dean uses them and has a Touch Twin Markers Group and you can buy them in colour groups from here. And Elaine Hughes from Quixotic Cards always uses them too (she always lists which ones she's used on the Touch Twin Markers Blog so that's a bonus!).

Mine are the older style without the replaceable nibs and ink (I think?) but I couldn't resist the price. I got a 60A set, and think I'll get the 60B set for my birthday in January. These 60 sets don't seem to come with many pastel/pale colours so I might have to look into getting some of those too...
So, do you think I liked them?
As mine are the older ones - without the brush tip, they have a chiseled end and a fine tip? - it will take me a while to get used to them. I used Copic Xpress card, and they seems to blend pretty well. I have no idea how the colour numbers etc work on these pens, so finding colours that blend well is really just trial and error! I also don't have any real 'skin' tones in my set, but I quite like the Copic one's I already use so will continue to do so.

Onto the image/card!!


Images: 'Paul Texting' by Mo Manning / Simon Says Stamp Handwritten sentiments
Papers: Scrap box mix - Cre8tiv, Basic Grey, MME
Fiskars Apron Lace BP
Corner Rounder
Touch Twin Markers - Hat & Pants BG1-9
Shirt - B61,65
Oranges - YR21,23, BR103
Skin - YR26,BR107,RP7
Shoes - WG0.5

I'm going to enter the Touch Twin Markers Challenge - Photo Inpsiration (2nd Entry)
I went with the colours again - I haven't been able to find if a 2nd entry is allowed or not??
I've just coloured up another image, using mostly the TT markers, I wanted to see if the Copics and TT's would blend well together ect, after I decide how to use that image I'll post if for you all to see.
And I will add that I LOVE the Blue/Grey (BG) Markers!

And also just because - I have always loved the clouds, and have recently been photographing any cool ones, these were yesterday afternoon when the sky darkened and appeared to threaten us with an afternoon storm... it was an empty threat and they blew over all too quickly (click the photos for a better look)



Thanks for dropping by

7 comments:

EELS said...

Hi Loz,
I felt quite worn out reading about the pens etc., now I know why I stick with my Prismas, I find they are more 'forgiving' when blending etc and hardly ever use my copics now (think I've said that before) lol.
Love the clouds too.
Cheers, Elaine

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful boyscard.
Gr Elly

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab image .xxx

Caz said...

Fab card Loz. Love the image and simple layout.
Hugs
Caz x

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie this is just amazing, huggles Pops x x x

Merry said...

Wow....love the photos of the clouds....

Great card and amazing colouring. i really like the shading on his pants.

Jeanne Streiff said...

What a fun image! Thanks for playing the Touch Twin Challenge!