Monday, November 12, 2012

Sending Love

Hey peeps, my Nanna is poorly in the hospital so this card is for her. She's been having trouble with her back and was waiting for further testing, when last week she had a fall and the ambulance had to take her to hospital. Tests were done and unfortunately they found a large mass on her spine, operated but could only remove 80% of it, so she'll start some chemo soon. My mother is flying up (she's in Brisbane) in a weeks time to help out.
I printed out this old Pollycraft image when I stumbled across the last one in my folders... (see post below) and I knew she'd be perfect :)


Images: Simons Says Stamp Handwritten Sentiments / Pollycraft - Saffire Bloom 'Grateful'
Copics: skin - E00,11 R20
E08, YR02,04,07 YG03,06 BG09,23
Papers - MME Stella & Rose - Mabel 6x6
Flourish With Bling pearls
Doodlebug Twine
White Gel Pen
Flower Punch/Embossing set...

I just got some ShinHan Twin Touch Markers so I'm hoping little miss 8 month old will let me have some time for a play later :) From first look, they seem much like the Copics so I'm really looking forward to figuring them out!

Thanks for stopping by - I'm entering Simon Says Stamps Thinking of You/Sympathy - I hope my card qualitifies as it's a thinking of you and sending love type where the recipiant is thankfully alive....

8 comments:

EELS said...

So sorry to hear about your Nan Loz, hopefully the card will cheer her up, best wishes to you all.

It's my Mum's funeral in a couple of hours and already I wish it was all over. So, not good days right now hey?
Chin up,
Elaine

Caz said...

Oh Loz, I'm so sorry to hear about your Nan. I really hope the chemo does the job and she's up and about in no time. I'm sure your beautiful card will cheer her up no end. Lots of love.
Hugs
Caz x

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card and what a sweet image too.
luv
Debby

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card.
Gr Elly.

Rica said...

Hi Loz, a gorgeous card, a fabulous design and colours your papers are so pretty and beautifully coloured the sweet image - perfect or cheering up your Nan and best wishes for her!!!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie this is just gorgeous I love it, huggles Pops x x x

Sarah J. Moerman said...

Beautiful card! Love the sweet image, colors, and patterned papers! Great job! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Merry said...

This is a beautiful card Loz....wonderful image. Those pens sound interesting can't wait to see what you do with them. Wishing your Nanna the best.