Wednesday, October 16, 2013

the day I found my crafting mojo..

hey peeps, long time no crafty blog... I was well and truly bitten by the crafty-bug a few days ago. It all began with a ruthless clean of my desk and stash which had been sitting dormant for months!
I threw out {actually donated to the local Pre School} so many bits and pieces that I will just never use! Paper, ribbon, stickers, charms... heaps!
I realised a while ago that my card making style had changed, simplified. I was no longer into cards full of frills, layers, charms and endless stash; although I do like to look at them, I just don't want to make cards like that.. not for the moment anyways. Never rule out anything! I was beginning to consider selling my entire craft collection.. HELLO! Thankfully I didn't!! :)

I'll begin with the card that restarted my mojo...
My nephew will soon be turning two.


This paper has some glittery bits, see photo below.


I didn't stop there. My other nephew and brother to almost two year old nephew, will be turning 6...


I cut the Lightening McQueen from one of my boys' sticker books.

Also celebrating a birthday next month is one of my niece's.. and yes, she's from the same family too! All 3 have their birthdays within a month of each other.. a month before Christmas! Makes buying gifts very difficult for Christmas!


I didn't stop there, though perhaps I should have, as my final card just doesn't seem right... but anyways, it's for my neighbor who will be four in November.


Apologies for not listing my supplies.. I can tell you that the above image is Dexter on Bike from Motivet, and Pom Pom above is from LOTV.

If you've dropped by to see my cards, thanks so much, I hope to be blogging craft a lot more often than I have been :)
take care.

2 comments:

Merry said...

Hi Loz, so great to see you in blogland. These cards are all terrific. I really like the twine and little bows. Great layouts too. I bet the kids all love them.

Squirrel x said...

Wow, what a way to make a comeback hunny! All four cards are just brilliant. Love your new style, simplified can be so liberating! Hugs Sxx