Monday, November 11, 2013

Bright Christmas

Hi guys, I think this is my first 'challenge led' card since my return to crafting.. I couldn't resist the new monthly challenge at the Scrapbook Boutique blog {sorry chicks... Australians Only}. They are asking us to make a 'bright' Christmas card using a delicious photograph for inspiration.



Now, I promise this card is actually BRIGHT! It's a dull, overcast, drizzling day here and getting it to look bright was impossible!! I added the extra sparkles as the embossing looked a little boring on its own, but I didn't want to use gem/pearls. Got a nice surprise when I found that all my Stickles and liquid pearls are all still very much usable :)

Along with Scrapbook Boutique's Bright Christmas Challenge, I'm also entering Marker Pop Challenge #34 ~ Anything Goes... and Simon Says Stamp {Wed} Challenge ~ Keep it Clean and Simple.

Image: LOTV Balancing Act
Sentiment: Give A Girl A Blog... {now known as Kellie Stamps I believe??}
Paper: Cosmo Cricket ~ Jolly by Golly
Embossing: Tim Holtz EF {name unknown}
Embellishments: Crystal Stickles, Liquid Pearl & Doodlebug Twine.
Colouring {Copics & Touch Twin}:
Hat & Gift: Y11, Y15, Y17 - TT61, TT67
Bear: E33, E35, TT107, RV02

12 comments:

ahappyscramper said...

Totally cute Loz - I loooove the embossing and the great texture it adds.

Merry said...

That is the cutest image ever. Wonderful card.

Carol Willis said...

Gorgeous card Loz, love the beautifully coloured image and layout.
Hugs
Caz x

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Loz, a love design - your beautifully coloured image is adorable and lovely details!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

lostinpaper said...

Uber cute card Loz, love the debossed background with the glittery hightlights, it's perfect!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful card, Loz! I love the design with the embossed background, papers and twine. Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Melissa said...

what a cute card.
Thanks for joining in at Scrapbook Boutique.xx

Marie Gamber said...

Jusst beautiful! Love how you have this little fella popped up on the embossed background. Perfect!
Thank you so much for joining us at MarkerPop for our challenge!
Hugs,
Marie XX

- - Sheryl - - said...

I'm a lover of bears, that is an adorable image

Angela said...

Aussies only lol you made me laugh!! Gorgeous card and love the bling touch too! Glad we were you first challenge back!!! Thank you for joining in at scrapbook boutique x

Sue W said...

Lots to love about your card Loz! thanks for sharing with us at scrapbook Boutique.

Nicole N. (Nicole's Craft Nook) said...

Loz, this is just too cute!! I love bear images -- & your little sweetie is no exception!! :))
Great bright & happy holiday card!! Xo